Such international mail may contain forms, recordings or plates read by the blind or visually impaired. Each such mail is accepted for delivery free of charge in the economy variant or with a small charge in case of the priority standard.
Standard mail dimensions:
- maximum – the sum of the length, width and height is 900 mm, where the greatest of these measures (length) may not exceed 600 mm.
- minimum – address page dimensions may not be less than 90 x 140 mm;
Dimensions of mail in roll-form:
- maximum – the sum of the length plus double diameter is 1040 mm, where the greatest of these measures (length) may not exceed 900 mm,
- minimum – the sum of the length plus double diameter 170 mm, where the greatest of these measures (length) may not exceed 100 mm.
All the dimensions are subject to +/- 2 mm tolerance.
- Up to 7 kg
- Forms for the blind and visually impaired posted open,
- plates with cecogrammes, i.e. with relief print readable by the blind and visually impaired.
It may also contain sound recordings and special paper intended solely for the use of the blind and visually impaired provided that these are sent by an officially recognised institute for the blind or are addressed thereat. Mail for the blind and visually impaired may be posted as a first-class, registered or value letter. All mail for the blind and visually impaired should bear the “Cecogrammes” inscription. Moreover, a special sign should be place on the mail address side. Sign dimensions are 52X65 mm.
- within A zone countries (Europe including Cyprus, entire Russia and Israel) up to the third business day after posting (D+3),
- within B (North America, Africa), C (South and Central America and Asia), and D zone countries (Australia and Oceania) up to the fifth business day after posting (D+5).
Mail posted after 3 pm are deemed to be posted on the following day.
Economy – the mail will be delivered in the European countries up to the sixth business day after posting (D+6).
The above terms of mail delivery are indicative terms agreed on the basis of the adopted delivery standard which is 85% timely delivery in case of A zone, and 65% in case of B, C and D zones.
An international dispatch for the blind and visually impaired is exempt from any postage, unless the parcel is dispatched as priority mail. In such a case, the air mail surcharge applies. The postage depends on the country of destination and is charged per each 10g of dispatch weight as follows:
- PLN 0.10 – Europe, Russia and Israel,
- PLN 0.20 – North America and Africa,
- PLN 0.30 – Latin America, South America and Asia,
- PLN 0.60 – Australia and Oceania.